By : Linda Lehto -
The Smart City Mindtrek 2020 International Technology Conference and Business Expo held on 28.-30.1.2020 in Tampere, Finland is produced jointly by COSS association and Smart Tampere. In Mindtrek’s history the conference will be held for the 23rd time! Smart City Mindtrek brings together companies and organizations, representatives of the public sector, the academic world, students, rising start-ups, and a wide range of experts and decision-makers from various sectors of technology – this year at the new venue in Finnkino Plevna, which is situated in the heart of industrial Tampere in the Finlayson area.
This year the conference includes 10 different themed tracks. The extensive conference program will surely provide each participant with interesting and relevant content on the three conference days. The conference themes will cover topics such as future smart city solutions and sustainability, open technologies such as open source and open data, digitalization of municipalities, future tech solutions in the fields of media, edtech, AI, security and much more!
Again this year the Finnish EduCloud Alliance and its networks have been involved in creating the program for the special “Edtech and Global Markets” -track. In this track we will take a look into different edtech markets such as Sweden, Germany and the US. You will hear about the latest developments, challenges and the future potential of each market. Edtech-track will also cover topics such as future edtech solutions and case examples from Finland and abroad. This track is targeted to education experts and professionals, edtech companies and decision-makers from all business sectors and public institutions interested in the latest solutions in Edtech.
On the Edtech stage you will be seeing speeches from for example these interesting speakers from Finland and abroad:
- Beth Havinga (Managing Director, Bündnis für Bildung - the German Alliance for Education) – “Education in the digital world: promises, problems and potential in Germany”
- Dale Allen (President, Co-Founder, DXtera) – “Shifting the market by Enabling Smart Demand by consumers for products to be “integrable” with enterprise systems in education settings”
- Jannie Jeppesen (CEO, Swedish Edtech Industry) – “Swedish Edtech – Building value networks”
- Sanna Reponen (CTO, Mehackit) – “Let Me Hack It – Creativity in Technology and Programming Education”
- Kirsi Lehto (DigiOne Program Manager, City of Vantaa) – "DigiOne - Empowering education platform ecosystem connecting users and services"
- Teuvo Sankila (Publishing Director, Otava Publishing Company Ltd) – "The future role of content in learning process"
- Tomi-Pekka Niukkanen (Business Director, Edita Publishing) – "Smart Learning – a modern approach to learning"
- Heikki Rusama (Co-Founder & CEO, Freeed.com) – "Empowering Teachers with Technology"
- Isto Laapio (Sales and Marketing Manager, Mediamaisteri)
- Vesa Perälä (Founder, Claned)
Program will also include “A Next Generation By Design Action Session: Enabling Smart Demand“ -workshop organized by the DXtera Institute (US). More speaker updates coming soon.
Buy your tickets now and make sure you don't miss out on the event favored by tech experts! See you in Tampere in January 2020!